View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 07:36 PM

TerraCrawler is on a distinguished road

TerraCrawler is on a distinguished road
Front Runner Hi-Lift jack mount

Link to Front Runner Hi-Lift jack mount

Installed this jack mount and I really like it. One thing to keep in mind is that Front Runner racks have a cutout for a table slide to store under the rack. This jack mount covers that a bit. Because of this, I would only be able to use their 21.7" Prep table, not the 29.5" Camp Table (width). Normally you could just have it slide in an out from the other side, but I have my Eezi-Awn 1000 on that side. Now the awning is installed above where the table would slide in an out, and it would clear the table no problem, however the latch Front Runner uses swings open and you need around 3-4" of clearance for it! Any awning I would have would present an issue. I would really like the bigger camp table. When I get a rear bumper with swing outs, I will likely move the jack to that location. Although it is possible to mount the jack on the back of the rack, the documentation specifically says they recommend against this. Also that is where my Waterport shower is.

Just goes to show that its best to add one thing at a time, and think several steps ahead, as there are often compromises to make!

This jack has the ability to be secured with a cable lock, although I don't have really anything secured at this time. I mean, my $1500 Baja Designs Onx6 could be removed with a 13mm socket and about 60 seconds (2 bolts), so I am not sure it makes sense to go through all the trouble of putting cable locks on my $100 jack, $60 shovel, etc.
Attached Images
TerraCrawler's Build Thread-img_3280-jpg  TerraCrawler's Build Thread-img_3281-jpg  TerraCrawler's Build Thread-img_3284-jpg  TerraCrawler's Build Thread-img_3282-jpg