Home Menu

Site Navigation

User Tag List

Old 08-11-2017, 09:12 PM #1

jreask is on a distinguished road

2017 GX460 Lease option/questions

I have a chance to lease a new 2017 GX with no money down, 4 year lease with 15,000 miles per year. The GX window sticker is $61,200. The payment would be $590 per month. The residual would be about 30K at the end of the 48 months. I know that the payment would be close to $900 IF I was purchasing the vehicle. I have never leased before. Anyone have any thoughts pro or con ?

TIA
JR
jreask is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:17 AM #2

DZNUTS will become famous soon enough

DZNUTS will become famous soon enough
So long as you're not modifying the truck and have financial stability, financing a vehicle doesn't make much sense to me.

Leasing provides you with significantly lower payments and you won't own the truck when it starts to break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DZNUTS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:24 AM #3

SwayzeExpress is on a distinguished road

SwayzeExpress is on a distinguished road
If you have or start a business and lease the truck for the business you can deduct 100% of expenses including gas etc... It can work out to an effective discount of basically your tax rate. Just throwing it out there
SwayzeExpress is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:35 AM #4

BonnerBB is on a distinguished road

BonnerBB is on a distinguished road
To be honest, if you have NO money down you probably shouldn't be buying a NEW $60k vehicle. Buy a cheaper car, pay it off quick and then trade up for a nicer used car and pay it off quick.... Work yourself up to a car like that so you don't ever get yourself upside down in case you come across hard times.

2005 Lexus GX470 | KDSS | 285/70-17 BFG | Icon Ext. Coilovers | Camburg UCA

Official Build Thread
www.LiftedLexus.com
BonnerBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:52 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnerBB View Post
To be honest, if you have NO money down you probably shouldn't be buying a NEW $60k vehicle. Buy a cheaper car, pay it off quick and then trade up for a nicer used car and pay it off quick.... Work yourself up to a car like that so you don't ever get yourself upside down in case you come across hard times.
I have cash to put down, just don't want to. If they offer the lease with a reasonable payment with nothing down, I will take advantage. As a matter of fact, I did.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:19 AM #6

osugsxr is a jewel in the rough osugsxr is a jewel in the rough osugsxr is a jewel in the rough osugsxr is a jewel in the rough

osugsxr is a jewel in the rough osugsxr is a jewel in the rough osugsxr is a jewel in the rough osugsxr is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreask View Post
I have cash to put down, just don't want to. If they offer the lease with a reasonable payment with nothing down, I will take advantage. As a matter of fact, I did.
If leasing from what I understand you want to put no money down, a good forum to follow is leasehackr. Congrats on the gx
osugsxr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:53 PM #7

Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of

Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayzeExpress View Post
If you have or start a business and lease the truck for the business you can deduct 100% of expenses including gas etc... It can work out to an effective discount of basically your tax rate. Just throwing it out there
I am a consultant and leasing cheap cars is an excellent way to get those benefits because you cant write off the purchase itself. The numbers often times make a lot of sense.

GX should be punching in the commercial vehical weight class anyways... The 5th Gen Limited 4Runner qualifies as well. You can get the same benefits just buying outright too if you want a long term hold.
Bumbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 05:23 PM #8

raynyc is on a distinguished road

raynyc is on a distinguished road
i just picked up a 2017 premium black on black . they took my 15 runner with 9 payments left and handed me the GX for no money down and 605 a month 12k miles a year .
the value on the sticker was $59,100
i took the deal because they sent me an offer to take my 4runner early..
i hope that helps .
ps: i would never buy this truck , its on its towards the end of its model and after 18 im sure they will do a reboot on the model
1989 4Runner SR5 - sold
raynyc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:56 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynyc View Post
i just picked up a 2017 premium black on black . they took my 15 runner with 9 payments left and handed me the GX for no money down and 605 a month 12k miles a year .
i hope that helps .
ps: i would never buy this truck , its on its towards the end of its model and after 18 im sure they will do a reboot on the model
I did basically the same deal. The sticker was $61,443. 4 Year lease, NO money down, 15K miles per year, $589 a month. We sold our 2015 4Runner outright.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:05 AM #10

gundrted+t4r is on a distinguished road

gundrted+t4r is on a distinguished road
Congratulations on the gx. When my '17 TRDORP lease is up (Jan 2020ish) I'm looking at the gx.

One thing about leasing, unless you are upside down or have negative value you should never give the car back to a dealer. You are giving away your money.

My 17 TRDORP will have about about 28k-ish left on it at the end of the lease. I should be able to get 33-35k here in CO. That's my money. If I gave my 4runner back to the dealership I would be walking away from 5-7k.

Don't walk away from your own money.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
gundrted+t4r is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:10 PM #11

green-tea is on a distinguished road

green-tea is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynyc View Post
i hope that helps .
Thats a deal!
green-tea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote