Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 12:37 PM

kakarot is on a distinguished road

kakarot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFishAllDay View Post
diff grease = gear oil, so I'm pretty sure the other sources you're looking at are talking about gear oil as well, but just calling it "diff. grease".

RE Synthetic Gear Oil, the only time that I would avoid it is on a 4Runner that has high mileage seals and was previously running conventional gear oil.

After I changed my rear axle seals on the '97, I re-filled it with Redline Synthetic 75w-90 and that is what is in it to this day. I'm also running Redline synthetic in the rear end of my '01 4Runner with no problems whatsoever. I think the synthetic will work fine for you, especially since you have new seals in there.
BigFishAllDay,
Thanks for the feed back I will report back with when all is done, right know I am still try to ordering parts from my dealer but the price here in MN is very high here is the quote I got from Maplewood Toyota of MN.
90301-88077 5.09 each
90310-50006 7.73 each
42423-20010 22.47 each
90363-40020-77 105.74 each

350.30 total with tax
The other pn they don't have in stock.

I might look online for cheaper price.
kakarot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote