Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 04:54 PM

WhiskeyCop is on a distinguished road

WhiskeyCop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLlama View Post
Thanks WhiskeyCop .

Just to make sure, is it @ 5k or 10k? I'm coming up on 25k and want to make sure I don't miss it.

What's everyone on here been doing?
There are several different schools of thought on this one. When I purchased mine in March 2010, everything said scheduled maintenance w/ 0w20 at 5k intervals. I even received the complimentary oil changes for 2 years as an incentive, prior to it becoming a pretty standard thing for Toyota, and it said 5k. A few months later, when I received my coupons it was 10k intervals and I also received a new maintenance book that indicated the change. My selling dealership chose to honor the original agreement and did my oil changes at 5k intervals. I am now doing my own oil changes and will continue to do them at 5k (or close to) with full synthetic 0w20. My last change had about 7k on it and the oil looked terrible. To each his own.

By the way, there are a couple of oil change threads here at T4R, and it is one on the reasons I wanted to start consolidating some of the information.
How do I know the dealership changed my oil?
Oil Change... 0w20? wtf?
change oil filter?
Toyota 0-20 oil?
Recommendation on oil changes.
First oil change at 5k or 10k or sooner?
WhiskeyCop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote