Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 08:51 AM

characterzero is on a distinguished road

characterzero is on a distinguished road
UFG8R - I'm with you. I recently picked up a TE with KDSS/NAV and the JBL system (2010). Honestly, for a stock stereo, it isn't bad - but leaves a lot to be desired when accustomed to JL power and Kappas all around.

Here is my tenative plan:
Dash: Infinity Kappa 32.9cf
Front door: woofers from my Infinity Kappa 60.7cs (6.5" components)
Rear door: stock for now?
Hatch: Infinity Kappa 62.7i
Sub: ?!!? JL better be working on a stealthbox. Also considering how to integrate a CP108LG-W3v3 JL microsub or something. A custom box to replace the entire JBL box isn't out of the question either, in good time. The microsub is appealing in that it is only 18-5/8"W x 11-3/16"H x 5-1/8"D and is getting excellent reviews from people accustomed to running much larger setups. Given that I am considering a storage mod along the lines of ANTMAN's, I could see making something that works well with space for a box like this and an amp.

I've got the Infinity Kappa 60.7cs and 62.7i sitting around from a prior build, so I figured I can put them to use here. I've also got a JL 4 way amp and an Alpine sub amp that I don't forsee using unless I get a real sub back there.

The only thing I am concerned about off the bat is the ability of the kappa woofers to really do the midbass role - I think they go down to 45 or so, but don't know how they'll play with the factory amp.

2005 Tundra Crew Cab 4x4 Limited | WeatherTech Liners | Snugtop | DEH-80PRS | JL XD 700x5 | Polk MM Comps | JL Microsub | NSR-4 Bike Rack

SOLD: 2010 Trail Edition KDSS/NAV | Kappas | WeatherTech Liners | Blacked Out Emblems | BajaRack | NSR-4 Bike Rack

Last edited by characterzero; 04-13-2012 at 08:55 AM.
characterzero is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote