Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 02:53 PM

1engineer is a glorious beacon of light 1engineer is a glorious beacon of light 1engineer is a glorious beacon of light 1engineer is a glorious beacon of light 1engineer is a glorious beacon of light

1engineer is a glorious beacon of light 1engineer is a glorious beacon of light 1engineer is a glorious beacon of light 1engineer is a glorious beacon of light 1engineer is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerlane View Post
I guess I should clarify (I had this in my other post), I ordered a TE with KDSS two months ago and nothing is on the radar yet. Another dealer has one without KDSS and I'm considering that one. With the savings on the KDSS I could upgrade the suspension and do some other things. I will be upgrading the tires regardless. I can't comment on what I don't about the suspension, but am going off of what others have said.

Thanks for all the comments so far.
Do what Jtraskell so logically wrote:
1. Buy new tires. If satisfied, stop. If not, then
2. Put new front Bilstein 5100 shocks on. If satisfied, stop. If not, then
3. Put new rear Bilstein 5100 shocks on. If satisfied, stop. If not, then
4. Start looking at new coilovers and upper control arms.

You really, really just need to get your vehicle first and drive it a lot. Over time if you have any complaints just voice them here and someone knowledgable will help. Some of the mods you are reading about on suspension are for off road capability. Some are just guys who like the "look" of offroad vehicles mod them and never even go over a curb at the mall. Some guys are perfectly happy with stock setup and take it offroad as is with no issues. The biggest thing though is it is a body on frame vehicle and no matter what you do it will not handle like a BMW M5. Ever.
1engineer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote