Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 06:55 PM

Tremek is on a distinguished road

Tremek is on a distinguished road
The seller is a younger guy getting ready to move back to California (I believe this story), not mechanically inclined and living in a loft, and claims he doesn't want to deal with getting the truck fixed as he has another car and he doesn't want to take the 4runner back to CA anyway.

Not that I want to justify my own position but I've found a few reports of people setting off 3rd gen airbags by doing things like pulling stumps, etc - is it a falsehood that the 3rd gen airbag sensor is not sensitive?

With that said, would an impact that would set off the airbags but not have any real/considerable visible damage (I can tell it's the same bumper that was on the car during the accident due to the brush guard making light impact both with the bumper and the fenders) still be major cause for concern?

edit: also, ran the carfax while I was looking at the truck - click here to download - nothing stands out to me other than the guy (whose name IS on the back of the title from the last owner) never registered it. When I mentioned going to the DMV re: title, he's gotta pay sales tax on the last transaction and THEN sign the new title over to me.

I think initially he was thinking he could sell the truck quickly by pricing it cheap and not have to register it or pay sales tax for buying it from his family friend, but I disabused him of that notion after I saw the title. He's not happy about it but he said he would go meet me at the DMV and do it.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Tremek; 05-05-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Tremek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote