View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 01:26 PM

ARK_SWAMP_RIDER will become famous soon enough ARK_SWAMP_RIDER will become famous soon enough

ARK_SWAMP_RIDER will become famous soon enough ARK_SWAMP_RIDER will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by saincain78 View Post
If you scroll down to the bottom of this thread you will see a maroon 4runner with a before and after pics. His lift looks F-ing awesome and it is leveled out which mine is not with my set up. I do not plan on replacing the bumpers or any kind of crazy off roading. I do want to lift mine and really level it out. I want to buy bigger tires also. I have read that if I switch to the after market springs it will lift higher than if I used the stock springs with the billsteins set at the highest level. OME Install - no spring compressor - Toyota 120 Platforms Forum. It is pretty sad when I am local driving and there is other SUV's stock sitting higher than me. I read that different after market springs will cause more stiffness with the e which I would like to stiffen up mine...Is there a different spring make that would work better for me?
What is it that you think will improve with stiffer coils? Absorbing bumps, body roll, brake dive, etc? The important thing to note is that you're currently around 2.5" lift. 3" is really considered the max. You can go higher but it adds stress and it's likely you'll need new ucas to get alignment back into spec. Do you really think 1/2" will make a difference? You can add onto what you have to finish leveling it out. I'm not saying don't go with ome, just making sure it's going to give you the expected result.

2016 Trail Premium - Bilstein 5100 | Airlift 1000 | 285/70/17 Cooper AT3 4S | XenonDepot HID | RAV4 Blindspot Mirrors | Kicker Subaru Tweeter Upgrade | Lock'er Down Console Safe | Sprint Booster
ARK_SWAMP_RIDER is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote