View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 11:27 PM

cdoyle is on a distinguished road

cdoyle is on a distinguished road
LED Tail Lights installed

Some of you might have seen my thread in the Accessories forum about my idea of installing LED Truck Modules into my tail lights.

Well I finally went ahead and did it!! And I thought I would share the results.

Here is the Truck Module I purchased

The part number of the one I used was It's a Peterson truck module, and the part number is. M417R-P

The cheapest place if found them was from hereHERE

Installing these was not as easy as I had hoped. I've been reading on these types of Retro's and many cars you can bake the tail lights in the oven til the glue softens, and you can pull the lens off the housing. Not so much with ours!! I tried several times with this method and it didn't budge.

So plan B!
I used a dremmel and cut the back of the housing to allow me to slip the module in from the back.

Before doing this, I had to basically strip the module down to just the printed circuit board. (to make it small enough to fit in there. So I cut off the red lens from the module, and then cut away the plastic case. Now with this particular module, the plug is epoxied right to the board. So it took some time and patience to get that off of there!!

PCB Front

PCB Back

Now that I had the module board ready to install into the Runner

cdoyle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote