Thread: V8 Conversion
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 10:37 PM

shane is on a distinguished road

shane is on a distinguished road
350ci yota

i don't get it why buy a kit when every thang you need it there.first off the 22r motor mounts will work with the 350 chevy pick-up mounts.to do so you need the lower chevy mount with rubber side.that mount is able to be drilled with a 1/2 drill bit so insted of 3 bolts in a triangle like chevy youll have 2 bolt holes one on front one on back that mount to the fact toyota frame.and it will sit 2" from the fire wall(inclueding trans bell) and 2"1/4 in from rad.if you drill right it should sit level left to right.now for the trans any th350,th400,700r4 pre1993 .you use a trans mount out of a s-10 or s-15 4x4 blazer or pick-up and shim it up 3/32" to get the right angle.and there its in.now the stuff youll need to buy is a radiator and a set of exhaust manifolds off a 82-92 camaro or firebird. then its just small thangs like wiring,drivelines,ect.i have done it this way for years i have 3 4runners done this way and 2 pick-ups done but one with a 5.7 gm diesel and the other is a 1.9 vw diesel.
shane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote