Site Navigation

Thread: My 94 runner
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 06:36 PM

jvisions is on a distinguished road

jvisions is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentYoda3 View Post
what kind of coils did you get? were they new or used? I'm looking at doing this but i'm not sure where to get the coils from. I'd like to get them new so i know their condition. But also what shocks do you get for the front/back? (assuming you just add the adjusted height, but i wanna make sure.)
I bought some used LC springs from someone on the forum. They lifted the back about 3.5 inches and that is why I went with the 1.5 inch ball joint spacers. I found those from a guy in Arizona in machines parts for classic 4runners. I also had to get a 4 inch panhard drop bracket, and still had to shim the bracket over about 3/8 of an inch to get the axle back inline. Not sure why that was so difficult for me. I am not much of a mechanic. To get the ball joint spacers in you have to grind some of the arm away. I just bought new CV axles and am going to drop the front diff to take some of the angle out of the CV axles. I just picked up some Warn manual hubs too. I bought just sky jacker shocks for the front and rear, I don't know the part numbers off the top of my head but they seem to work good.
jvisions is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote