Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 09:22 PM

jdkilroy is on a distinguished road

jdkilroy is on a distinguished road
I used the plastic OEM speaker mounts and although it took a little effort, they worked great. Photos of the front 6x9's. (I ended up going with a three way system so these were removed.)

Destroy stock speaker, or build/buy speaker haeness?-img_0231-jpg

Destroy stock speaker, or build/buy speaker haeness?-img_0232-jpg

Destroy stock speaker, or build/buy speaker haeness?-img_0233-jpg

As you can see, I sealed these with silicone so its a pretty permanent installation. The foam around the front of the speaker is cut from pipe insulation. It seals against the inside of the door panel. I had to trim about 1/4" off the plastic flange on the door panel so everything mated tightly but did not interfere with the door panel fitting against the inside of door properly.

2008 4R SR5 4.7 great tunes and a lot of work: Build Thread
2002 Taco SR5 3.4 4x4 manual; stock ... for now
jdkilroy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote