View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 11:34 AM

theizzardking will become famous soon enough

theizzardking will become famous soon enough
izzardking's top gear special: trying to kill a 4runner

i'll just put these here:

well guys it was a heck of a weekend, kind of a long story, so, I'll just jump right into it, otherwise you can just look at the pics and skip my babbling.

We were up in the N.cascades doing a bit of camping this weekend, barlow pass for the locals...

Earlier in the day we had gone on a hike to find a bit of sun that was shining on a near by ridge, We were lazing around enjoying ourselves, when we noticed an approaching storm, so we decided to pack up and head back down to campsite and get things buttoned down before the storm hit ,we were fully expecting foul weather this weekend...we just had no idea how bad it would be come.

well we got down into camp with the storm coming up just on our heels, so we got to work quickly setting up shelter and getting some wood stacked,
i was on shelter duty and the wife was lugging the wood from the back of the 4runner down to the site..

the wind started to howl and we started to howl back, much like capt. dan in forest gump , we were taunting the weather and possibly even mother nature herself, i personally advise against this now in retrospect, with our voices raised, nature raised her's back with a strong gust and a loud crack something had changed, we were all suddenly aware of how small we were when we started to see this 100 ft hickory tree begin to moan and lean, i grabbed my wife and stepped back as i watched my friend run in circles and this tree come toppling down right towards my truck...landed right on it, up hill ,good 60-80 feet away, and just crunched it in half......

tree smashes my truck and 10 seconds later my dog runs up there to 'play' ....jerk...

car alarm still going off.....

Last edited by theizzardking; 06-25-2012 at 11:36 AM.
theizzardking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote