Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 11:35 AM

theizzardking will become famous soon enough

theizzardking will become famous soon enough
after that happened , i decided we needed to get out of there and get to help asap as i wasn't going to be able to handle this with my hatchet.... as we were a number of miles from the main dirt road and about 20 miles from town, the dark was coming, so we geared up and headed out in search of rescue, on our walk out of the area we came across a couple of more trees down on the road we took to come out to out camping spot and saw that was going to be an issue...lol.....after about an hour walk we got up to the main road and saw that 4 other very big trees had come down on the mountain loop hiway and was blocking the entire road from being passable and just as we got there so did a another couple of people who happened to be driving down theway at that same time, apparently tress had come down on the other-side of the loop as well and was forcing everyone back out our direction , this was lucky for us as we didn't have to wait long for a bunch of people to start pooling where all of these trees had come down on the hiway, we meet a very nice older couple who had just come from town and were on their way up when they had saw the commotion, i sent my wife and he friend back into town to get help and make phone calls while i stayed to keep an eye on the dog and help with the clearing effort on the hiway.

at one point we about 10-12 guys out there with hatchets,saws and axes chopping up these 4 trees on the hiway to get the main flow of traffic up and running ....eventually we completed that task and i was stuck just sitting in a torrential downpour watching my breath hang in the air, until some nice guys came along and gave me a granola bar and a arrogant bas**** (beer), so i sat there drinking my beer waving at cars as they drove by me in my sorry state.

meanwhile my wife had made it into town and was sitting in the bar having a few waiting for one of our friends to get out there to help us, this is after she had called 9-1-1 who then refereed her to the park department, (9-1-1) then said "you are to far out, it's your problem" "no one is injured or stranded..." since we hiked out... when asked what they thought if we just left the car there indefinitely they they said basically "whatever, not our problem" , so in comes my buddy dave and my other buddy chris, they both show up in their trucks and have a couple of proper logging saws and got straight to work.

it took us about 1-2 hours just to get back to the truck trying to clear all of the trees on the way down the side road...

we started cutting the log of the truck

so now we got it all cut off strapped down

now here's the part that's hard to believe.... the tuck fired up and drove...yes it did!....drove it the 20 miles into town to wait at the bar for AAA to tow me on home video's below......

video above
at the bar

the poor girl leaving me

so all things considered it has been a pretty crazy weekend, my wife missed dying by about a minute and a half, we could have possibly been sleeping in there as i sleep in the 4runner all the time camping and i don't know what else, we're just all very lucky and i am grateful!!!!

Last edited by theizzardking; 06-26-2012 at 08:27 PM.
theizzardking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote