Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 02:15 PM

scottiac is on a distinguished road

scottiac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by twhiteside

Please note that we tried using the cig lighter adapter that came with the inverter and it blew out the cig lighter fuse within an hour. We're now trying to find the cig lighter fuse, which is not mentioned ANYWHERE in the Haynes book we live by!
The fuse for the cig adapter is a piece of fusible link wire on the back of the socket itself. It is a bit of a pain to replace, but cheap and not too difficult. Pull the center console, unhook the power/ground lead to the adapter, and you'll see a small piece of wire that goes about 1/4 of the way around the back of the socket. Test it with a multimeter if you like, you'll probably find it is "open' if you've blown the fusible link.

Some have replaced it with straight wire, but I can't recommend that.

From yotatech...

Back on topic, I'm thinking I'm going to hard wire mine to under the drivers seat, and run extension cord into the center console with plugs like ErikJeanna. Nice install!
scottiac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote