Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 02:45 PM

EricX is on a distinguished road

EricX is on a distinguished road
Correction: 3200 not 3800 (typo), 3.2L

Singtoe- East of Greensboro.
Toyz is a trip down the road but they're backed up for weeks.
Will try the white wire with black stripe but isn't that the lead?
The OBD2 plug is getting power (12.4v off 11.6-11.8v on) but there's no computer signal.

I took the glovebox out to physically tap the computer (as described in the Haynes manual) and I'm going to go up the road to see if that worked... which I seriously doubt.

If anyone can tell me the pin selection bottom right to top left it would help more... it's not mentioned in Haynes or owners and if we could figure what wire/pin does what, we could run a test on the lines to the computer.
Also, what wires are the send and return coming from the computer? We narrowed down the plug (3rd from left, smallest, square shaped) but neither the Haynes or owners manuals say what pin/wire is what. If someone could tell me which is the send and return we could run a continuity test and see if it's simply a wire issue.

Truck DOES start up and run perfect and everything functions perfect so the computer's working, it's not sending signal to the OBD2 plug... which this dumbass state requires for inspection... which is required to keep your tag.

Running out of options and time. Any advice is appreciated.
EricX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote