Site Navigation

Thread: Back Up Camera
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 06:49 PM

RunnerJeff is on a distinguished road

RunnerJeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
does your pioneer have a camera hookup on the back? mine did so i just went with the pioneer camera for it. maybe this will work. ND-BC20PA Universal Back-up Camera with Parking Guide - Pioneer Car Accessories
Yes mine does, but I think the last time I looked online at Pioneer their camera was way to expensive for just being a small camera. I'll check out your link though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC View Post
I had an eclipse on my Sequoia, but I can't remember what I paid for it. But it had an excellent picture even at night. And it never failed during the 3 years I owned it.
Thanks! I have heard of eclipse before and just now remembered it. I'll check them out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevec5000 View Post
I got a 1" round camera for $20 from Meritline that will fit in a small hole in the rear bumper so it can be installed in about 10 minutes. The picture is about as good as you can expect from a 1" camera and it only needs 12 v power and video to be hooked up. The camera is waterproof but the connectors are not so I put a piece of plastic tubing over them and filled it with caulk to seal it up. DealExtreme has them too.

I wish I could put mine in the rear bumper, but I don't want to drill into mine..

Car Camera, Car Backup Monitor Camera | Meritline.com
2005 Black Sport Edition 4Runner - 13% tint all around - Viper 2-way Remote Start/Security - Digital Fit WeatherTech floor mats - Pioneer AVH-P3300BT - WeatherTech window vents - Blacked out headlights - TRS headlight retofit - Green Demon Eyes - 2400W Class D PowerBass Mini - 12" MTX RoadThunders

Wanted - Leveling Kit
RunnerJeff is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote