Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 04:31 PM

Yoter will become famous soon enough

Yoter will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow247 View Post
That very well could work. There is also this method..which I have not done, nor do I recommend.
I have attempted this method, After taking things apart I realized it was simply much more work than getting a spring compressor on the free 48hr rental from O'rielly's. (the spring compressors were not at all scary to use, granted that is a relative term)

In order to do the above method on a 3rd gen, you need:
A 22mm (I think its 22) wrench to loosen the lower A-Arm and then will need a torque wrench that will fit into the very confined space between the frame and A-Arm.
I realized that I would have no way to retorque the A-Arm and decided it was a bad idea.

As for using spring compressors while the strut is in the vehicle I also dont think this will work as you wont be able to place them 180deg. from one another. Causing the spring to bend unequally and not compress enough to move the 5100's up a perch. Also if the spring is compressed unequally on both sides you heighten the risk of the spring compressors slipping greatly.
Yoter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote