Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 04:09 PM

WoodsRunner88 is on a distinguished road

WoodsRunner88 is on a distinguished road
How to fix broken 4Runner passenger seat cables, for cheap!

From what I understand the cables that release the seat tracks under 1st gen 4Runner seats are notorious for breaking. My cable broke on my driver side (DS) track on my passenger seat. I pulled out the seat, and figured out real quickly that it is an easy fix. Below I will explain how I fixed my seat for $9.00

1) First off you need to take all 3 of the cables out. This requires you to cut the end off of the good cable, and bend the tab (located under the plastic trim on the DS of the seat, where the back of the seat rotates) just enough to allow you to free the cable [Picture below]. Also remove the cable housing by unscrewing the two screws, shown in the picture. You should now have the three cables and that splitter box in your hand.
Attached Images
How to fix broken 4Runner passenger seat cables, for cheap!-dscn2872[t4r]-jpg 
1986 4Runner: 22RE, W56 Transmission, '89 4Runner Red SR5 Sport Seats, tailgate, cowl, hood, and interior light; Gray Interior, Base Model, Step Bumper, and Custom Aluminum Wheels installed by Joyserv. Co. Ltd. in July of 1986

1989 4Runner R.I.P
-Long Live the 4Runner-
WoodsRunner88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote