ARB twin compressor (CKMTA12) and Manifold (171503) $ 479.00 ToyotaTRDParts.com
Bracket $ 285.00 Agile Automotive
Hardware kit $ 12.85 Agile Automotive
829-12059168, 12059168, CABLE CAVITY PLUG $ 0.55 Mouser.com
829-12084200, 12084200-L, FMALE 150 SERIES TIN $ 0.95 Mouser.com
829-15324974, 15324974, MP CABLE SEAL BLUE $ 0.24 Mouser.com
829-12052845, 12052845, SECONDARY LOCK $ 0.35 Mouser.com
829-12110293, 12110293, 3P FM BLACK CON ASSY $ 1.53 Mouser.com
Air Pro PUR-14X050 1/4-inch by 50 Polyurethane 250 PSI Air Hose $ 27.44 Amazon.com
Ampro A2570 5 Piece Air Coupler Set Brass, Milton Type $ 7.52 Amazon.com
Total $ 815.43

THE REASON AND THE PARTS
I wanted a compressor that would let me air up the tires after playing on the trail and be able to run some light air tools to make it easier to change a tire should the need arise. The 100% duty cycle ARB twin compressor seemed to fit the bill just right without the express need for a tank (although I will be adding one eventually).

I ordered the compressor and the manifold from ToyotaTRDparts.com and the service was great as usual. With Jangoforhire having the same compressor and a good experience with Agile Auto, I explored obtaining the same bracket.

THE BRACKET
The bracket as designed by Agile Auto ties into the top of the wheel well in two places and the inner fender. It provides mounting holes for both the compressor and the manifold, using all mounting holes. The image below shows the front of the bracket. The compressor and manifold attach on this side.

The back of the bracket is reinforced in order to reduce flexing of the bracket.

The bracket uses two existing mounting points on the wheel well. One is unuser and the other simple needs the nut removed and reinstalled once the bracket is put in place. You need to install the bracket before you attach the compressor. If you install the compressor first, you will not be able to get the bolt in that attaches the bracket to the inner fender (the front bolt). There are 2 bolts that attach the bracket to the fender.

Once the bracket is bolted in securely, you can install the compressor and manifold. Install the compressor first. Since the compressor is fairly heavy and hard to handle, lift it in place and attach it with the top-inboard screw. This one is easiest to get to and will give you a fulcrum to guide the compressor when you add the top-fender bolt second. Once you have the top two bolts in, it’s easy to add the remaining 6. Once the compressor is fully secured, install the manifold.

With the manifold kit you received a braided hose to connect the manifold to the compressor. Make sure you use a single revolution of Teflon tape to make sure the connection is as air tight as possible.

Okki's Build Thread - 2010 Limited: Shrockworks Rock Rails & Full Skids, Gobi Rack, OPT7 LED Roof LIGHT Bar, Rigid E-Series Bumper Light Bar, Hella Horns, Auxiliary Fuse Box, Cobra ST75, TRD Rims, Discoverer ATP LT265/70R17, Rotopax, ARB Twin Compressor, Cargo Area Pressure Gauge and Chuck, Icon billet trailing- and A-arms, Dobinsons Shocks/Coils, Fumuto Oil Valve, Northstar Group 31M, CBI Front & Rear Bumpers !!!
========================================
Any time...Anywhere.. My cat can take you.

Last edited by Okki; 01-05-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Okki is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote