Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:12 PM

treklights is on a distinguished road

treklights is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Do you have any pictures of the mounting hardware? I'm thinking I might have to pick some of those 4" SL's for fog lights and the pod's for reverse lights when you start the GB. I'm curious how the 4" SL's mount.

thanks!
I'm getting some TrekLight SL's in my shipment this week, so I'll post photos of those mounts on Friday.

The mount for the 4" TrekLight SL is the same as the 4" TrekLight XT. Its a stainless steel bolt that goes through the bottom of the light bar, through an aluminum-alloy brace, through a beauty cover, through whatever surface you're mounting it to, and then is secured by a locknut.

I'm making it sound more complicated than it actually is haha.

Here's a bad caveman drawing (done by me just now) of how it works.

Imaging the bolt being inside of the aluminum brace and beauty cover. This drawing is not to scale:

Edit: See next post.

Last edited by treklights; 01-07-2013 at 09:27 PM.
treklights is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote