Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 08:42 PM

calikev is on a distinguished road

calikev is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by theizzardking View Post
ha! i read the first post as you being about 18, sorry 'bout that!.....i'm sure you've even seen some bigger changes than i have!!!! i just wonder why most everyone else doesn't notice....
HA! I said retire in 25 yrs too. That's the age they will give me the SS money, but certanly not my goal.

I remember being a late teen and in my early 20's and getting a job wasn't a thought. I worked at UPS with my best friend when I was 19 and home for the summer from college. He and I both hated it! We quit on the spot one morning and walked out together. On the way home we stopped by J.Crew and put an app in. We asked could we talk to someone then. The HR mgr came out interviewed us both right then and hired us both on the spot! Crazy right? We quit a good job and got another on the way to his house to get drunk and hang out. The pay was $11/hr and that was 1990. Companies are still paying that now and think it's a fair rate to load trucks and do hard blue collar work. Thank God I continued and educated myself.

Aghhhhh the good ol' days
2007 Limited V8 - Factory Sport hood, Satoshi Grille with carbon fiber TRD emblem - 20" Limited wheels from 2011 - Engine compartment LED mod - EGO Dash TS Bluetooth - All-in-1 flip key w/func rear window down button - 2011 TRD FJ coils/shocks front and rear - 17% tint all the way around - AMSOIL everywhere but tranny - Magnefine tranny filter and PS filter - Every light interior/exterior and running boards upgraded to LED's - DeBADGED of all emblems except rear hatch emblem which is plasti-dipped grey -
calikev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote