Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 11:14 PM

iBison is on a distinguished road

iBison is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03_4x4Runner View Post
Great post. You might want to add BFG all terrain vs. Duratrac. This gets asked about once a week.
Do you have a link to the best thread on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
I'm sure the people making money off the forum love this. They get new members every time someone signs up and asks 'what they should look for' when buying a new 4Runner.

Personally, I think there are plenty of things to talk about besides seeing a couple of new 'pre purchase' questions popping up every few days. I know after about the fourth time I quite even replying.

It will probably be more helpful to people to have all of their answers in one place, than one or two half-assed answers (because people are sick of answering the same questions over and over).

Also nice that iBison posted links to a lot of common maintenance FAQs. Always good to have those easily referenced.
And, I know from other forums how some people get tired of answering the same questions all the time and eventually just stop, and that's understandable, but unfortunate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosStarter View Post
So.... you've done some research....
Yeauuh. I've been car shopping on and off for about three years, switching between newer car, truck, 4runner, older BMW. Up til about a month or so before I bought the 04 I was convinced I wanted a 3rd gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
Amazing post!
Here's the first correction though: Side curtain airbags were available in 04 (I have 'em in mine!); not sure about 03.
Yeah, I slipped on that. I know they were available on the 04s because I was checking mine for them before I bought it.

Thanks for the comments.

.: READ IT! :.
Pre-Purchase Info, Modifications, Write-Ups, Quick Links, and FAQ's
Tons of info on 4th gens for new and prospective buyers with links to the best topics.
iBison is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote