Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 01:37 PM

writchie is on a distinguished road

writchie is on a distinguished road
Long Kayak Transport On Roof Rack

Does anyone out there transport a 14' long kayak on their 4Runner roof rack? Thinking of getting a Jackson Big Tuna and considering the Thule Slipstream roof rack mount to mount to my factory roof rack & factory cross bars. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or pics for me in terms of other ideas. A couple concerns I have:

1). I pull a travel trailer, so I can't have too much of the boat hanging off the back. At 14', I'll have to have a good portion of the boat length forward of center on the roof rack. I figured 7' of the 14' would be from front cross bar of roof rack to rear of vehicle, while the remaining 7' would be forward of the front roof rack cross bar and dangling over the hood.

2) The back of the boat can be tied down and secured to the hitch, but where do others tie down the front of the boat to secure it?

Thanks!
writchie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote