Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 11:36 AM

HauKrazee is on a distinguished road

HauKrazee is on a distinguished road
Broken 4Runner - Rodents

Alright, two days ago I come home from the store and my 4Runner was parked for less than 2 hours at my parents home. It was snowing after a day of 70 degree weather. I go outside and 4Runner starts up, but idles very rough as if the engine was constantly misfiring. I leave my car there overnight and call the tow truck in the morning.

When the tow truck arrives in the morning, I try and start the 4Runner and move it for the tow truck... the engine fails and shuts off as black smoke comes out of the exhaust... the 4Runner dies. The tow truck takes it to the nearest dealership because I thought at the time it was something wrong that could have been covered under warranty since it is still under 36 months or 30,000 miles.

The dealership checks it out and approx 4 wires have been chewed up by some rodent (Pictures attached)... not covered under warranty.

Because it is my only car and already towed to that dealer... I had to accept the quote that was given to me. Nearly $1,100 to fix the wires...

That is all, waiting for the 4Runner to be fixed. Monday is when the parts arrive and the dealer of course said there might be other issues, but we will take care of the wires first.
Attached Images
Broken 2010 4Runner - Rodents-img_01-jpg  Broken 2010 4Runner - Rodents-img_02-jpg  Broken 2010 4Runner - Rodents-img_03-jpg  Broken 2010 4Runner - Rodents-img_04-jpg  Broken 2010 4Runner - Rodents-img_05-jpg  Broken 2010 4Runner - Rodents-img_06-jpg 

Last edited by HauKrazee; 05-03-2013 at 11:46 AM.
HauKrazee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote