Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 08:30 AM

petegaz is an unknown quantity at this point

petegaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually it is pretty easy on this one. You should remove the radio (I think you will have to in order to get to the antenna signal cables). Then you should notice two antenna signal plugs that plug into the radio (one bigger than the other). I believe this is for diversity signal reception. Follow those two cables back about 6 inches and you will see that they combine together inside of a cable cover. You should also notice a third cable that is in that same cover. It will be a black, approx 18-20awg cable with a white, single connector on it. That is the cable going to the antenna amplifier. You will need to get power to this. If there is another connector attached to this, you may need to trace that to the radio and make sure where it is terminating there is power. In either case you can tap into this cable and apply 12v. After doing this the reception should be restored. It was in my 4Runner.

There should be a picture of this in my directions, but it may be a little zoomed in.

Good Luck.

Pete
petegaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote