Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 02:19 PM

dorton is on a distinguished road

dorton is on a distinguished road
And......i decided to not run the trailgear diff armor i had. Instead, i purchased this cover that is welded on your housing, after using a cutoff wheel to remove the original cover. Hopefully have some completed pics of the rear axle by the end of next week with the elocker installed, the new rear cover put on, drain bolt/ring shaved, and hole filled, u-bolts flipped, and shocks relocated.

Here is the barnes 4wd cover for the rear housing

I put my runner up on stands, and went to work removing the front and rear axle assemblies.

Barnes Diff cover installed, drain plug shaved, armor added to the bottom of the housing, and the opening modified for the 4.88 ELocker third member.

While he was doing this, I took the front diff assembly(factory 4.88s I bought used with low miles)to work and installed a Spartan locker

At 300k the rear end was in need of drivers side wheel bearings, and the right side wheel cylinder was leaking.
So I decided to replace everything on both sides while it was apart. Bearings, seals, shoes, wheel cylinders,
one e-brake lever boot. and all mounting hardware.

I then had my friend Ivan come give me a hand painting

While that was drying, I decided to yank the Warn hubs off to install my new to me Aisin's.
During the install, I replaced the star gasket, and the locking knob o-rings.

Here are the hubs in "locked position" Warn on left, and Aisin on right

"unlocked" same orientation

Final product

Ivan giving the thumbs up!

Puting a little bling on the front diff assembly getting ready to go back in.

Last edited by dorton; 01-13-2014 at 09:52 AM.
dorton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote