Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 11:08 AM

cgl4au is on a distinguished road

cgl4au is on a distinguished road
Average cost to install shocks/struts on 2006 2WD T4R

Hello all!

This is my first n00b post. It looks like there a a bunch of knowledgeable folks in this community.

To give you a little background info, I just bought a Driftwood Pearl 2006 T4R Limited (2WD/V6) w/139K miles last week. Coming from a 2007 FJC, I am quite familiar with the 1GR-FE V6 and know they can last well over 300K miles if properly maintained. The only thing really wrong with my newly acquired T4R is that I believe the shocks are pretty much shot, based on my bounce test. Therefore, I am looking at some KYB Excel-Gs or Billstein 5100s. I am somewhat mechanically inclined but would prefer to have a shop do the work since my driveway isn't exactly shadetree mechanic-friendly.

Does anyone know what a fair price would be to get all four sides installed if I purchase the shocks myself? I am located in Montgomery, AL and still looking around for reputable shops outside of the "stealership". Thanks in advance to everyone. Glad to finally be a part of T4R.org!
cgl4au is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote