Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 12:25 PM

digphisher is on a distinguished road

digphisher is on a distinguished road
Our fog lights can be aimed!!

Just to let you guys know, I do understand what fog lights are for, and how they are supposed to be used. However, my lights seemed like they were really only lighting up 5 ft in front of my truck. That didn't seem right to me.

I was doing some internet searching, and ran across some forum where a tech at a dealership stated that when cars are built, their lights are not always aimed correctly, so everytime a new car arrived at his dealership, he would take the time to aim them. He said that a lot of times they would fall out of aim during transit.

Thinking that this may have happened to my runner, I did the test for aiming (parking 25ft from a wall) and looked at my lights. My fogs didn't hit the wall, they hit the ground!

I figured that there had to be an adjustment, and I found it!!! On the back of each fog light housing, there is a bolt-looking thing. It has a 8mm bolt head, and a large flange around it. I started to tighten it, and sure enough, my fog lights raised up! I aimed them according to PIAA's website, and when I drove last night, it made a world of difference!!

Just thought that everyone would like to know that our fog lights can
be aimed!
Magnaflow Catback exhaust,rear lens mod, fog light mod, T4R.ORG sticker, Hella FF50 driving lights, Alpine 9857 HU, Sirius, Infinity Reference 6.5" components, Ample Audio Exonic amp 60 x 4, Alpine 350 amp powering an L5 solobaric 10" square subwoofer sitting in a custom TRD stealthbox
red map lights, Overland Warehouse 2.0 3"lift, Cooper STT 285/70/17's
Valentine One Radar Detector with concealed display

Last edited by digphisher; 01-25-2006 at 12:39 PM.
digphisher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote