View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 02:48 PM

sluggercz is on a distinguished road

sluggercz is on a distinguished road
LED Footwell Lights

Going to tackle the LED footwell lights today.

I'm going to be using the STRIP_RL_12_W_6k LED panels from VLEDs.

Since I'm still waiting on the Cole Hersee switch I ordered, I will be wiring this into the ILE circuit (the same wire the maplight mod taps into) so the footwell lights come on when a door opens and so they automatically turn off as well.

I'm using J.A.'s 4Runner site as a reference, here's the link.

From J.A.'s site:
Negative terminal taps in here
Positive terminal taps in here

I'm using a small battery pack with alligator clips connected to test different placements for the footwell LEDs:

Done with the footwells!
They took longer than expected, mainly because I had to fabricate some angled T-mounts for the rear footwell areas; also, I had to deal with the flaps on the bottom back side of the Limited bucket seats - folded the bottom half of the flap back and up behind the top half.

I'll post some pictures soon, but for now I can tell you that it makes a load of difference at night - especially when you are stepping into/out of your newly lifted runner.

Last edited by sluggercz; 07-15-2013 at 08:03 PM.
sluggercz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote