View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 09:23 PM

Syahck is on a distinguished road

Syahck is on a distinguished road
Rear Defroster Wires

I have a 1991 4runner that I just bought about 3 weeks ago. I have been going through and taking care of all the little things that didn't work when the guy sold it to me. Today I was working on the rear defrost for the rear window. It wasn't getting power, but both fuses looked fine, and the window goes up and down fine. So I pulled off the back cover for the taligate and took a look at the defroster wires to see if they were attached to the rear window. It was a mess. There was electrical tape everywhere. It turns out that both wires were cut from the female ends of the connectors. Not a big deal, however when I went to pull off the connectors, the black wire's female end stuck to the male end and it was pulled completely off the rear window! Shit, so now on the back window there is only the male end of the connector for the white wire and nothing for the black wire! I don't know what to do. Would the rear defroster work if I solder both the black and white wires directly to the one and only remaining male connector? Winter is coming here and I really need this to work. Thanks guys.

Kyle
Syahck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote