Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 07:59 AM

.bg. is on a distinguished road

.bg. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV_Dude View Post
I have recently been in a 3rd gen with a stock engine, no fuel mods and a 2nd gen s/c. It was fast and definitely had a lot of pep and fun to be in. In a comparison to power, the driver of the 4runner thought that by the time his was at about 60mph, mine was already at 80 or so.

Here's a video of me showing off the get up and go of mine. Note that I was taking it easy on the shifts so I wasn't trying to race it but I was stretching out the legs on the engine a little bit. If I was shifting a little more aggressively it would have been a little bit faster.
Wow, your truck really hauls!

I realize should have said 2.2" pulley instead of 2.1". It's stock now. If I do the urd 7th injector, I figured it wouldn't be too dangerous to jump down a pulley size. But I'm a slight bit hesitant to do any pulley change now with the rings potentially a bit bad in #3 if that could drastically accelerate the wear on it.

Might just stick with the s/c rebuild and 7th injector at the moment and check my compression #'s again after a few thousand miles like this.

There's no real reason for me to make this into a speed demon. I've had enough truly fast toys over the years... This 4Runner is a lot of fun and I really enjoy having a big goofy 5spd supercharged suv, but I also drive it like an old lady... I've only had one tank come in under 18.5mpg (with a couple at just over 20.5mpg) if that gives any indication. But it's awesome knowing that the power is there if needed. Although seeing videos like yours does really start tempting me to head down that "let's just see how fast it can be" road again!
.bg. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote