Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 04:12 PM

Bama_Runner is on a distinguished road

Bama_Runner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by patinthehat View Post
Hello all. I am looking at buying a T4R and after doing some research on one, I found your forum. I have been pouring over the buyer's guide and have a couple questions i was hoping you all could answer. I found a '98 T4R Limited 4WD Supercharged with ~175k miles. The dealer is a couple hours away so I have been relying on pictures so far. It looks to be in very very good condition and has a clean title with a very respectable price. Now my guess is he (the dealer) bought this at auction and does not know the maintenance history of the vehicle so I need to know what to be on the lookout for. I do have a little mechanical knowledge so I shouldnt be completely lost but I do have a couple questions.

1. Strawberry Milkshake: without maintenance records, is there any way to tell if anything has been done to fix/hide this problem?

2. Supercharger: It has the Gen 1 supercharger installed. How do i know if the 7th injector kit has been installed?

3. Supercharger: I saw where the nose cones wear out after about 100k miles. How do i know how many miles are on the supercharger?

Is there anything else i should be on the lookout for? It seems that i have found a real gem but i don't want to get taken advantage of. I really like the T4R as it is a very dependable vehicle and will go forever if taken care of. Sorry for the long post and i look forward to your responses. Thanks for the help!!
It's in Chattanooga isn't it? That is a nice looking 4runner and I have actually toyed with the idea of buying it and selling my 97. I can't help you with the supercharger info, but with the milkshake, look to see if it has a new radiator. That's a sure indication that someone had the milkshake and then sold it right after they fixed it.

2004 Limited 4WD / 2014 FJ Trail Team Springs and Shocks + Daystar 2.5" F and Fat Bob's 2" R / 1/2" Body Lift / Level 8 MK6 17x9 -12 / BFG All Terrain KO 265/70/17 / Hella 500 FF / Yakima Load Warrior
Bama_Runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote