Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 05:50 PM

Barry694 is on a distinguished road

Barry694 is on a distinguished road
OTD prices

So called "invoice price" is not what the dealer paid for the car. They will never show you that price. Read the entire invoice and you will see a bunch of dollars added on that do not relate directly to the price of the vehicle. Just do your research and tell them what you are willing to pay and if they say no or start to toss out other numbers Walk out the door. You have to be reasonable on your offer also. I never haggle. Just make an offer and if they do not go for it I walk. Have owned 25 new vehicles and never paid more than I originally planned on spending. Have walked on a couple of purchases. Put your self in charge, You are the one buying. Do not let them start talking to you about other prices. When that happens you are letting them take control of the deal. It's your money... There are other dealers, even out of state. There are some vehicles that will not sell below the asking price, because of demand, etc. Be willing to ante up if you cannot live without that particular model. I walked on a car in Sept. I was thinking of moving up to a 2014 with my present dealer. There were a couple of options on the vehicle that they would not budge. So I walked. The options were the automatic running boards at around $600. I am tall and they would be a waste of time for me. The other was the carpeted mats and rear mat. I would put weather techs in, so I had no need to spend money on carpeted mats that I would not use.
Barry694 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote