Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 12:51 AM

Martin8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Martin8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking hehe

Alrightie Kids,

just on a whim, I dropped by Longo Toyota last nite and found my little Sports Edition V8 4x2. Yes, it's missing the side-curtains, but given the hassle I would potentially have to overcome with the Las Vegas folks, I figure it's ok.

Moreover, I worked with an internet sales manager who made the entire transaction very smooth. No pressure, no upselling, and no BS. He knew what he was talking about and he mentioned that he bought his wife an SR5 after his Highlander was totalled in a rear-ender.

The F&I guy was a little more pushy, but immediately backed off when I told him to omit any extended warranty. He was asking for $1400 for a 7 year/100K, $0 deductible one. Seemed high to me, considering that I bought a Honda Care warranty for less than $900.

One side note, Longo is selling the FJ Cruiser at MSRP with no premium-I asked the manager after the guy before me just picked his up. Gotta say, those suicide doors are very cool. Ironically, the guy behind me flew in from SF to pick up a Prius. Here I am with a V8 SUV ...

Well, I will post pics when I return from Vegas this weekend. Thanks everyone for your feedback. The final deal was $100 over 'invoice'...
Martin8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote