Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 06:30 PM

nevada has a spectacular aura about nevada has a spectacular aura about nevada has a spectacular aura about

nevada has a spectacular aura about nevada has a spectacular aura about nevada has a spectacular aura about
somewhere in there I was given a heavy metal rack that someone had made for a roof rack. this thing was HEAVY. but it was just about the right size for a flat bed. so I ditched the bed and mounted it. it worked out very well. I added some side bars, to helped slide past trees, and act as fenders of sorts.

oh yes, I also mounted my EXTRA DEEP tool box. that thing is GREAT.

until you're upside down, and you need a snatch block out of it...

but that story comes later...

anyway, back to the flatbed...

i'll see if I can find a pic.

that's the best one I could find, but if im ever home when its light, I could take more. also in that pic you can see my custom cut tires, and my buggy springs. a lot of people rag on them, but they have worked well for me for a lot of years.

as you can see, I also added some expanded metal to the rear to help hold things inside on long climbs.

heres another pic you can see it from the back

after one too may trips with this happening.

there was ice packed into the back of the valve stem, it was clogged. I used a tiny screw driver to clean it out. I dropped said tiny screw driver into the tire, and I couldn't fit my hand between the tire and wheel to get it out.

so out came the tire spoons,

I pulled the outer bead to retrieve it.

got it reseated and continued on without issue. but, that was possibly the last trip before I got some weld-on bead-locks.
so now I have 10" wide wheels, with weld-ons. so basically 11.5"-12" wheels.
once aired down to about 1psi or so, it has a VERY wide footprint.
nevada is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote