Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 09:02 PM

barryhiram is on a distinguished road

barryhiram is on a distinguished road
Talking Factory (style) Fog Light Switch- Fits knock-out!

Installed a Baja Design 20” Stealth LED light bar in the front lower grille a couple of months ago, but didn’t like the switch furnished. My goal has always been to keep mods low key, out of sight, or as stealth as possible (except for the Devil Horn on Fire). So the hunt was on for a factory style switch that would replace my two blank spots in dash. After conducting multiple searches both here and online for several months, two things became apparent. Toyota doesn’t make a fog light switch (that we can get in the US) that fits. I tried the FJ switch, but it didn’t fit without having to cut dash which I didn’t want to do, my search was going to be a difficult. Wasn’t really iterested in OTRATTW switches which I’m sure are awesome, like I said, want that stock look.

Second, search here revealed several companies sold a factory style switch that would fit, but they were located in Australia. I sent several emails, but either they were out of stock (would contact when in-stock, never heard back) or would not ship to USA. I even tried Ebay, same thing. Even if I could source, shipping would cost as much as two switches…..ouch. Plus most were out of stock anyways…………. Newpro-Tech

Well I pretty much gave up, was about to drill a hole in one of the blanks to mount that fugly switch, when low and behold I came across Slee Offroad of Golden, CO (Slee - Electrical Switches). They listed Part #STF1056 which looked like it would fit, I sent a quick email inquiring, reply from Christo within 10 minutes, bingo it fits! Ordered two Friday evening, shipped USPS ($6.00) Monday as promised, received Thursday. Thank you Slee Offroad!!!!!

Quality of switch is pretty good, definetly not a Toyota switch, but it also doesn’t cost as much. You must use a relay to trigger lights as switch is only rated for 3 amps. Wired/installed last weekend, worked like a charm! Left switch operates front LED light bar, I also ran a wire from relay trigger to head light high beam (+) wire for instant on when turning on high beams (headlight wars………..I win). Ha-ha-ha just kidding before everyone gets their panties in a bunch. Right hand switch operates reverse lights (wired to battery feed) when extra light is needed while hooking up trailer or loading at night.

Big thanks to all of you who have posted build threads, spent mucho hours coming up with all these great ideas, and were willing to share with everyone, this site rocks!!!!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Below are pictures of switch with harness, wiring diagram pdf (not include with switch), and switches installed. For dash light interface, my truck had an extra white female plug (think eight wires) which was not used behind dash, green wire is dash light positive, gray is ground. Switches are dimmable with dash light control. Works like a charm, and love how the dash looks!

White (shown in gray) – Switch (+) Output to Aux light relay
Blue – Ground
Green – Switched Input (+) 3A (ignition or battery feed)
Black – Illumination (Dash lights, positive)
Red or Yellow – Not used
Attached Images
Factory (style) Fog Light Switch- Fits knock-out!-switch-jpg  Factory (style) Fog Light Switch- Fits knock-out!-dash2-jpg  Factory (style) Fog Light Switch- Fits knock-out!-dash-jpg  Factory (style) Fog Light Switch- Fits knock-out!-untitled-jpg  Factory (style) Fog Light Switch- Fits knock-out!-baja-led-light-bar-1-jpg 
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Wiring Diagram.pdf (105.2 KB, 1955 views)

'12 SR5, Blizzard Pearl * Factory (style) Fog Light Switch-Fits knock-out! * 30" BD Stealth LED Light Bar, Upper Grill '12 SR5 * Reverse Light Mod-SR5 Factory Bumper * FN f(x) Pro Wheels - Custom Coating * LLumar Paint Protection/Tint, Flowmaster Cat-Back, Bilstein 6112/5160, LR UCA's, AirLift w/Load Control, 285/70/17 Nitto TG, LW's D2S 4.0 HID low beam mod, V-LED Interior/Reverse/LMZ High Beam/Turn Signals/V-6 DRL Lights (all 5000K), Kappa Dash/Doors/Hatch Speakers, CompuStar Remote Start, B&M Trans Cooler, Devil Horn Emblems, XB LED Fogs, Dongle Mod, TRD CAI, DC 270-XP Alt

Last edited by barryhiram; 01-10-2014 at 10:05 PM. Reason: D'oh, forgot picture of light...........
barryhiram is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote