Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 07:17 PM

AZ4runner08 is on a distinguished road

AZ4runner08 is on a distinguished road
Upgrade Tires, CV Boots are now leaking after upgrading tires and need advice.

I had taken my truck in a few weeks ago and had the Xreas system pulled off and had new FJ coils installed in the rear, along with the adjustable Bilstein shocks all around and spidertrax spacers. Up to this point I had no issues at all until today when I upgraded my tires from a 265-65-17 to a 265-70-17. Anyways after backing into the driveway my wife noticed something leaking in the driveway. Since I just had back surgery my wife offered to crawl under the rig to investigate and she snapped the following pictures. It appears that the small bit of extra tire height has caused my CV boots to leak on both sides. The question is what do I need to do to repair and can I do anything to buy me some time until I do repair. And of course how much can I expect to spend. I just spent a bunch of money to 1) replace the suspension and level the truck out, 2) prepaid for my back surgery to the tune of $1540, and 3) paid $1000 for the brand new Duratrac's. As I mentioned before, I had no issues what so ever until the new tires were installed today. Any advice is greatly appreciated, I included some pics of the new leak after tire upgrade, the truck with the new tires and a pic of my super cool little wife under the rig helping me figure out out what was leaking. Thanks everyone...
Attached Images
Upgrade Tires, CV Boots are now leaking after upgrading tires and need advice.-photo-1-jpg  Upgrade Tires, CV Boots are now leaking after upgrading tires and need advice.-pic2-jpg  Upgrade Tires, CV Boots are now leaking after upgrading tires and need advice.-pic3-jpg 
AZ4runner08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote