Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 02:21 AM

T4Ryota4life is on a distinguished road

T4Ryota4life is on a distinguished road
2001 4Runner Build Thread

Hey Everyone,
Its time to start a build thread on the 4Runner. Since we purchased the 4Runner in 2007 I spent most of my time with maintenance. lately I have found my self fixing some minor body parts and installing some performance parts as well as installing a lift.

This is what the 4Runner looks like today
2001 4Runner Build Thread-img_1942-jpg-2-jpg
In 2007 the we purchased the 4Runner with 75,000 miles on it. I spent the next few years changing the fluids and parts for maintenance.

In 2013 I started looking at replacing the rear dented bumper, Front drivers side fender. After doing some research on this form I decided to start with removing some old trim parts including the chrome fenders and running boards. I loved how removing these tired and old parts gave the 4Runner a new fresh look.
2001 4Runner Build Thread-img_1886-jpg-2-jpg
Attachment 111206

The next project was fixing the damaged body parts. I purchased Bushwacker fender flares, front and rear bumpers as well as a new grill. I took the new parts in to get painted to match the body. I am very impressed the way they turned out.
2001 4Runner Build Thread-img_1923-jpg-2-jpg

Now for the fun! Next was the ISR and Deckplate mod. This mod gave the 3.4 a little more growl. The filter I used is a K&N including an AIRAID intake tube.
2001 4Runner Build Thread-photo-3-jpg

Next was the suspension lift and what was used.
I started with the Toytec Boss Lift:
Front coils 550 Springs
All Pro UCA's
Rear
Toytec Super Flex Coils
Billstens 9602R703
Sonoran Steel Bum stops
Sonoran Steel Diff Drop
Sonoran Steel adjustable Trac/ PanHard Bar

This is what some of the parts looked like unboxed. I could not wait for this!!! fyi freshly painted furniture makes a great canvas for sexy suspension parts.
2001 4Runner Build Thread-photo4-jpg

First off what an experience overhauling the suspension on the 4runner. I can not thank my friends enough for the help. For the record I hate the factory upper ball joints I take that back the only trouble we had was the drivers side. Enough of that how about some pics.
2001 4Runner Build Thread-photo-1-jpg
2001 4Runner Build Thread-photo-2-jpg

Last edited by T4Ryota4life; 03-14-2014 at 11:53 PM.
T4Ryota4life is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote