Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 11:27 AM

Golfinz is on a distinguished road

Golfinz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonmd View Post
Yup, there wasn't anything wrong with your wheels, just poor balancing or bad tires.

This isn't a cure for shake. Typically shake is either warped rotors (if it shakes under braking), or a bad u-joint (if it shakes under acceleration). Anyway, the cure for your shaking was probably actually to either get them balanced better, or to replace the bad tire. Don't blame it on the stock wheels though (unless you hit a curb and bent the wheel or something like that).
Nope, rotors and pads are new because I replaced them, the tires had never been patched and were worn evenly, the truck had never been offroad, and according to ntb, they were "balanced." It also didn't matter if I was accelerating or decelerating, the shake was there, which would eliminate the u-joints.

Any other "this isn't a cure" comments? I investigated all possible items (except for getting the wheels/tires hunter road forced balanced) and changed out my stock wheels/tires for an FJ set and the shake is completely gone. Seems like a fix to me....

Last edited by Golfinz; 03-04-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Golfinz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote