Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 12:41 PM

DizzyDoyle is on a distinguished road

DizzyDoyle is on a distinguished road
DizzyDoyle Build Thread

I have been around here for about a year now. I have learned a lot thanks to this forum. And now I figured it was time to start a build thread.
Back in '99, my pops bought our 4runner brand new. It had 25 miles on it and looked about like this,

DizzyDoyle Build Thread-stock-4runner-jpg

It was a 1999 SR5, 3.4L v6, 2wd. It came with stock 6 disc cd changer, leather seats and a few of the limited upgrades (minus the tires which were 225/75/15 - tiny).
He drove it around until April 2001 and then I became the primary driver. During the 2 years he drove it around, he showed me some basics like changing oil, air filter and a few other things. Also during this time my 4runner got its first sound system, 2 JL 10s and an 800 watt amp. After the sound system came a grille guard, window visors and a bug guard.
*Sorry no pictures, it was a long time ago*
In 2003, I got a 2" spacer lift and 31x10.5r15 BFG ATs. I loved the new look and was content with my 4runner at that point. Then I nailed a Cutlass going 40 mph which turned into a TJM T15 bumper and some extra $ in my pops pocket. I then threw some Hella 500s on the front along with a UGA tag (Go Dawgs!). Then some point after the bumper, I bought a Yakima Loadwarrior on the roof.

DizzyDoyle Build Thread-2013-03-12-11-13-11-jpg

The 4runner stayed like this all the way through college until I re-ended a full sized school going 25 mph. It was a sad day bc I hit a full sized bus! But, the TJM did its job and I drove my 4runner away and have yet to straighten the bumper (although I am looking for a metal guy here in Athens, GA to fix it).

DizzyDoyle Build Thread-2013-10-01-14-46-40-jpg

DizzyDoyle Build Thread-2013-10-01-14-48-33-jpg

DizzyDoyle Build Thread-2013-10-01-14-48-44-jpg

After college I joined the U.S. Peace Corps and went to live in the Republic of Panama for 27 months. It was a great time, saw some cool stuff, learned a new language and saw a ton of old Landcruisers and Hiluxs and Prados while down there. Unfortunately during these 27 months, my pops let my 4runner sit in the yard. Needless to say, after 27 months of sitting there was a lot that needed to be done. There was a complete tune up, new tires, breaks, starter, rear axle and one hell of a bath.

DizzyDoyle Build Thread-dsc00547-jpg
DizzyDoyle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote