Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 07:53 PM

chimpy is on a distinguished road

chimpy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSD_42 View Post
How do you even know you need a new alternator?

There isn't anything stated so far that for sure indicates this.
You are correct and I found that the belt was making the noise. It was a high pitched squeal that I thought was a bearing considering that my 4runner is a 2001 with 180,000 miles on the clock but since the charging voltage checked out ,I figured I would go the easiest/cheapest route first and check the belt and after dressing it with a bar of soap(Irish Spring), the noise went away. The good thing about this thread is the info on the CS144 upgrade. Whenever this alternator really starts to die, I will definitely go with the CS144 upgrade. Thanks for not me! Electrical is not my strong suit.