Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 11:08 AM

EasyAndy is on a distinguished road

EasyAndy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOY2G View Post
Here is a link that may help... Not sure if this is what you are talking about, but it looks good.
JRWARD's StormTrooper ***2014 Build Thread***
This is exactly the look i am going for, that thread is what got me started down this road, but the Trail addition already has a factory painted back plate so all jrwards had to do was Plastidip one color. I am specifically trying to paint a different color of Plastidip on top of the black Plastidip. Surprisingly hard thing to google for as I have not ben able to find anything concrete. I am hesitant to mask off the areas that I don't want to Plastidip as i don't want to masking tape to pull up the original Plastidip afterwards, not to mention it would be an absolute pain to mask off such a detailed area. If anyone of you have heard of a way I would be much appreciative for a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsey View Post
Very nice, I've always liked this look. Now, about that roof rack ....
I know, I really wanted to tackle the roof rack yesterday but after I started I figured I would be much easier to completely remove and Plastidip on the ground. Does the front plastic piece come off a simply as the back when installing cross bars? I read something yesterday about a roof rack delete kit from toyota, any idea how much this costs? I will definitely want the roof rack next winter for skiing but do not really have a use for it in the summer. Is the entire roof rack fairly easy to remove?
EasyAndy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote