Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 11:17 AM

Cygan1008 is on a distinguished road

Cygan1008 is on a distinguished road
Opinions on this suspension setup

Best I can find the complete front taco swap, coils/struts, will net something between 1.5"-2" of lift. I'm also going to swap bushings and run the rear shocks do to having xreas. I also want to swap out the rear coils coause mine have 170k on them.

I want to be as close to the Daystar 2.5/1.5 height that I have now so I was thinking I would pair a toytec 1/2" spacers with the taco coilovers, then change out my rear springs and remove the rear spacer. I still want it to be level or have a slight rake. From what I have found it looks like the Moog 81081 for the Fj would yeild aproximately a 2" lift which seems as though it would fit the bill at the lowest price.

I'm not looking to make an all out offroader just replace an old Xreas and keep the current look at the lowest price. I was going to just go with 5100's but these tacos popped up locally for $150 with low miles so I took them.

Does anyone see any issues with this setup? I have seen a few issues involving the moog's not seating properly but seems others haven't had the issue???

I am also considering just running the Tacoma setup with OEM Fj rears and no spacers but I know I will loose a little height with this.

Last edited by Cygan1008; 04-30-2014 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Corrected for better responce
Cygan1008 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote