Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 10:30 AM

mcaz5 is on a distinguished road

mcaz5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc2012 View Post
Here's my thing.

EVERYTHING I have done to my truck, put it through, built for it, ect, has been done for a purpose. I have already dome some of these mods that I talked about, and will probably be doing more since my rig is down at the moment, and I have a new DD.

Anything I will do, I will add to my build thread, and document step by step.

There is still some stuff I'm researching, such as a "paintable" cover for circut boards that will make them water proof. If I can find that, and not have to worry about heat or cross currents, I'll be doing EVERY single board in my truck, just for the hell of it.

I was thinking of something like Plasti-Dip, but unsure of how it would work, and don't want to risk it with out doing full research.

Computers for 3rd gens are hard to come by, expecially 99-00, because they changed them for that year. I know when I did my 4WD conversion, a '98 ECU WOULD NOT plug into my '99 harness.
That's very interesting. I'll definitely be keeping up with your build then. This is probably something I'll never even come close to doing. Water that high would scare the hell out of me, but it is very intriguing nonetheless and props to you for compiling such a list.

Just because I'm curious, how is it that the LC 80s are able to ford huge amounts of water so easily? I know in most of the videos I've watched, they are the diesel LC80s which I know simplifies things, but it seems they just nose dive into rivers and such without a second thought.
Edit: Now that I think about it, I'm sure they don't have quite the electrical wiring and such as the 3rd gens which would definitely simplify things.

-1985 Toyota Hilux (Pickup) DLX Turbo - 4x4 5speed w/2LT Turbodiesel

Build Thread

Last edited by mcaz5; 05-01-2014 at 10:35 AM.
mcaz5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote