Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 01:37 AM

Cartzo is on a distinguished road

Cartzo is on a distinguished road
I took apart my transmission to clean out what was left of the washer. I replaced the rear main seal and dropped the oil pan too because I'm pretty sure they were leaking a bit. I found where I was leaking coolant. I don't even know what it is but I tightened it up so hopefully that fixes it.

Everything in the tranny seemed fine as far as I could tell so I just cleaned it up and put it back together. All I replaced was the input/output shaft seals and the shifter bushing and seat. I put it all back together and it worked amazing. I was super surprised. It even stays in 1st gear on it's own now which I wasn't expecting at all. It is way less sloppy. While it was out I de-greased and power washed it. I cut my finger pretty good and ended up getting stitches. I didn't bother cleaning the blood off the tranny.

I took the yota camping up Cottonwood canyon and it did amazing. Got nice and muddy getting this guys car unstuck which sucks. I hate mud. I think it looks better all muddy though

Just tonight the tranny started making that grinding and squealing noise again though I'm not sure what it is but it only happens around 1000 rpm. It's really loud and annoying so hopefully it works itself out somehow and I don't have to drop the tranny again...
Attached Images
Cartzo's 87 4Runner Homemade Long-Travel Build-001s-jpg  Cartzo's 87 4Runner Homemade Long-Travel Build-002s-jpg  Cartzo's 87 4Runner Homemade Long-Travel Build-010s-jpg  Cartzo's 87 4Runner Homemade Long-Travel Build-023s-jpg  Cartzo's 87 4Runner Homemade Long-Travel Build-003s-jpg  Cartzo's 87 4Runner Homemade Long-Travel Build-014s-jpg  Cartzo's 87 4Runner Homemade Long-Travel Build-020-jpg 

1986 Toyota Pickup 2wd 22R - Daily
Cartzo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote