Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 09:19 AM

robaroni is on a distinguished road

robaroni is on a distinguished road
Bilsteins 5100 @ .85 with Moog V8 Springs on 2006 SR5 V6 plus Bili's and Moogs in the

I went for it last night and installed my new shocks and springs. Sprayed the Springs with Rust-Oleum undercoating to prevent rusting. I was torn between setting the Bilsteins at .85 or 1.75. Ended up going with .85 out of necessity.

I used the no compressor method on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkVLBOnAifc

For some reason I was not able to set the shock in the 2.5" or 1.75" position and get the lower control arm to meet back up with the wheel assembly. Fortunately it turned out for the best. The combo of the 5100's set up at .85 and the Moog V8 spring gave me the lift I was looking for as long as it doesn't settle to much.

When I took the truck off of the jack stands and the measurement showed a gain of 4"! (old measurement 33" new measurement 37" from ground to top of wheel well). The truck looked way lowrider. I took it out for a drive and did a little 4 wheeling in the school parking lot down the street and when I came back things had settled in at a gain of 2.75" (new measurement 35.75" from ground to top of wheel well). Perfect!

Before

After

I'm going to do the rears next week with 5100's and Moog springs as well. Hope it doesn't lift the back to much. I like the almost flat look.

I did the rear suspensions today! Bilstein 5100's and Moog 81045 OEM replacements. They are the same length as stock but 191 lb/in (a 6% increase) spring rate.

Everything went very well. This set seems to have given me about 0.5" lift for the moment. We'll see what happens when things settle in. It is perfect. The front is at 35.75" and the back is at 36.50". It looks great!

Last edited by robaroni; 05-30-2014 at 12:28 AM.
robaroni is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote