Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 05:33 PM

djvanharp is an unknown quantity at this point

djvanharp is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy 98 runner cylinder 1 misfire

Hi, I have a 98 4WD 3.4 V6 4runner. Recently the check engine light came on. I went to a autozone to have the code read and it came up a misfire on cylinder 1. I changed spark plugs and ran injector cleaner through a tank of gas. Ran ok for a while then the light came on again with the same code. I swaped the coil over cylinder 1 sparkplug with cylinder 3 to see if the code would change cylinders. Still number 1. I figured it could not be a wire as cylinder 1 has no plug wire, it is part of the coil. I did a resistance test on the injector it was ok a ten OHMs (at least to my understanding). I still have the light comming on and can tell the car is slugish. At times it will run fine and the light goes out, but comes back on. It seems to run better cruising at highway speed. I also put a new air cleaner in. Any help would be useful. Oh yeah the Runner is about to turn 90000.