Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 06:02 PM

cobey is an unknown quantity at this point

cobey is an unknown quantity at this point
required credit app b.s. ???

So my new 4runner should be in on thursday. I go up today to get a copy of the sales contract before heading to my C.U. and picking up the check. Before I leave the dealer passes me a credit application. I say I already have credit, am happy with my credit union and even show them my preapproval letter. They continue to tell me that they can not sell me a car without me filling at least the top 2 lines out ... name adress and s.s #. I told them that i would have to research it and get back to them. They continued to tell me some b.s. about it being to protect me. I explained that if i was pretending to be some-one else, i would use that false information on this application too. Not to mention what a nice id thief i must be since the truck i am trading has been paid on time for over 3 years.

Is there any reason for me to fill out this paperwork? I have a check for the truck right now, why would I fill out a credit application.
cobey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote