Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 11:47 AM

CAN-03runner is on a distinguished road

CAN-03runner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
10 miles?!!! Yeaaaaahhhh good luck with that here. You'd have to get recovered 50 times on illegal mudhole trails to put that kind of mileage in around these parts.
4hi and 4lo are both AWD in a 4th gen. As long as you do NOT activate the CDL button technically you should be ok on pavement. 10miles might be excessive only because it might take longer than your patience will permit and the truck sounds loud in 4lo, but you can hit neighbourhood driving speeds. You don't need to be doing 65 to exercise it.

I think the issue is more having the system go in and out of the settings. When I remember to do this, I might just click the CDL on and off several times as I'm driving down a straight street. If you encouter a turn, you can easily unclick it off, and then turn it back on again. When I get to a red light, I put it into N and turn the dial to 4lo. The next red light...which is the next street corner...I turn it back to 4hi, next stop sign or light I turn it back to 4lo. So what ever shift fork....actuator....thingy gets a little work out. In the last mile to home.
2003 4Runner Sport 4.7 V8 Silver/Grey - Fr/Rr ARB Locker - OME 885/895 - LR UCA - BFG KM2 255/80/17- RCI Skids - Demello Sliders - Bud Hidden Winch- Runva Winch - Synthetic oils- Trail Stripes - Two Baby Seats...

1984/86 4runner In Progress....... V6 swap - High Steer - 33" MTZ - 4.88 Gears - welded rear - ARB front - axle gaussets - Diff covers - Longfields - 4.7 crawler - Titan Winch http://www.toyota-4runner.org/classi...ner-build.html
CAN-03runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote